Friday, February 9, 2007

Blast From The Past

We are having an 80's banquet at church tonight. I am bringing a friend of mine from work. She thought it sounded like fun. So, to "get into the groove" (Madonna reference) I have been listening to I Love the 80's on vh1.com radio. I am currently listening to Oingo Boingo (no, I did not make up the name) singing Weird Science. Hopefully there will be lots of funny skits and interesting outfits. I am going for the layered look with neon pink accessories. I even have a pair of hideous flats that look like I pulled them from the depths of my closet where the dust bunnies hide. I didn't, but they look genuine. What's scary is that they are actually a new pair of shoes. Very cheap shoes, but new. When did I become so old that the styles I wore in school are now considered "Vintage" and the music I listened to is considered "Classic?" I really don't feel that old!!

1 comments:

clayton said...

See you there!
I'm not dressing up...although I thought about getting my hair real poofy w/hair-spray, and then putting on some eye-liner...kinda hair metal-like.

But I'm not.