Monday, July 28, 2008

A Few Things I've Learned From 10 Hour Days

These are just a random sampling of some things I have learned from working ten hour days.

1. I don't hate mornings as much as I used to.
2. I love to drink a large cup of coffee on the way to work.
3. I no longer think of needing to get up at 5:00 a.m. as a curse.
4. I really should get up at 4:45 a.m., but I just can't bring myself to.
5. Getting up earlier has not changed the fact that my eyes pop open every morning at 3 a.m. (This is why I can't get out of bed at 4:45. By the time I go back to sleep - forget it!)
6. It's very quiet when I walk outside to get in my car.
7. People aren't usually walking that early in the morning.
8. It is possible to become somewhat of a morning person.
9. It's no longer necessary to get up at 5 a.m. on the weekends to be able to get up during the week.
10. 183 is still backed up with traffic.

But, I think the most amazing thing I have learned is:

11. Sunrise is beautiful! When I leave the house I am driving east and when the sun starts coming up it's like God has taken a paintbrush and painted the most beautiful combination of colors across the sky. And no two days are the same!! It is exquisite and I am truly blessed to see it!

0 comments: