Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Recital Accomplished

We made it through recital and I have to say that our dancers were fabulous!!! They looked relaxed and like they were having a great time! It's so much fun to watch them perform when they are not stressed out and they are just having a good time! It's neat to see how much they have come to care for one another. They cheered and yelled from backstage while their friends were dancing. It makes you realize how important it is for them to develop good relationships and be able to truly fellowship with one another. Jennifer and I were talking today about trying to plan more outings with the girls. We want all of the company members to mix and mingle and develop closer relationships. We also want the older girls to develop more mentoring abilities in relation to the younger girls. We are also thinking of asking some of the parents to start a prayer team so they can pray for specific areas of the dance ministry. That's something that we need desperately!!!

Now that I've survived recital, I am moving on to planning for vacation. I am so excited to be going. I plan to do a lot of relaxing. (I probably just jinxed myself!)

1 comments:

clayton said...

Angie:
Just wanted to commend you and Jennifer for how you run the dance studio. I think that it is very cool that you run it like a Christian community. In some ways, the church [at large] should be more like your dance studio!

I want to have the girls dance again at Grace in the future.