Monday, March 26, 2007

Home Improvement

I actually amazed myself this weekend. I repaired a hole in the bathroom wall. This was no small accomplishment considering that it involved making a corner. (Special thanks to the gentleman at Home Depot that gave me some pointers!!!) I repaired the hole and then painted the bathroom. I used Marmalade (a light orange) and Aurora Orange (a deep orange). Most of the bathroom is the light orange. The area behind the toilet and above the bathtub are painted the darker orange. It looks really cool! The paint made a huge difference in the lighting. It went from being a bright white light to looking more amber. I still need to paint the trim and the door (they will be Polar Bear - a fancy name for white) and then decide if I want to paint the cabinets. I am going to paint magnetic paint on the door and then paint over it in the white. That way I can use little metal containers on the door. (This is a great idea for a kid's room).

0 comments: