Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nothing to Say

I really have nothing to say right now, but since I haven't blogged in a long time, I thought I might as well write something.

I watched the inauguration at work today and thought it was very interesting. It is a great accomplishment for our country that we finally have an African-American (in the truest sense of the word) as our president. Unfortunately, I disagree with the vast majority of his politics. I have also been pondering the idea of "unity" and I believe this is an impossible task. We are all individuals with varying ideals and beliefs. The only way you can have true unity is if we all believe the same things.

5 comments:

clayton said...

So how can all Christians ever be together in unity? Because not even all Christians believe the same thing (denominations...). So are you saying that all Christians are never unified, because they obviously never all believe the same way.

this is a good discussion...

angie said...

The only way for Christian unity is to be truly devoted to Christ. I think the religious dogma has to fall away. If we are focused on what "religion" we are, do you think we are truly focused on Christ?

clayton said...

I hear ya...

so if everyone is focused/devoted to Jesus - we can have unity.

What if my way of being devoted to Jesus really rubs someone else the wrong way? And their way of being devoted to Jesus really ticks me off. Can we have unity then, even if our devotion is to the same God?

What about unity within diversity?

angie said...

If I am truly 100% devoted to Christ, am I going to be worrying about how someone else worships? If I am concentrating on someone's worship style, I am not focused on Jesus.

One of the definitions of unity is "absence of diversity."

I think we will see true unification the day Christ returns!

clayton said...

I like how you titled this post "Nothing to Say"...I guess you were wrong!

I don't agree that unity is absence of diversity. Because there will be a diversity of people and tongues when we are united with Christ in the resurrection - but it will be true unity (including diversity).